Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pastis: Phénix


Over the weekend, after writing my last article, Pastis vs Anisette, I came across a bottle of pastis produced by the Phénix/M.G. Taieb company. Phénix is known for their Anisette, which was originally produced in Algeria by Moïse Taieb and is currently made in Roanne, France. Pastis is a new addition to the line of Phénix products, it has a 45% abv.

Presentation: It comes in a slender, brownish-green 700 ml bottle.



Color: Pale yellow-brown, after adding water it changes to a cloudy off-white color with a slightly yellowish hue.

Nose:
Réglisse, anise, peppermint, slight sweetness.

Palate: at first mint which gives away to r
églisse and anise. Sweet but not cloying, bitter but not overly.

I Thoroughly enjoyed this new offering from Phénix/M.G. Taieb. I liked that it wasn't overly cloying and the taste was to my liking, Anise and réglisse with some minty notes.

*** 3/4 (out of 5 *)

No comments: